MetaData for Oregon Hydrography - Whole Stream Routes
Oregon Hydrography - Whole Stream Routes
- Originator: Oregon Dept. of Fish and Wildlife
- Publish Date: 8/15/2017
- Online Link: https://nrimp.dfw.state.or.us/nrimp/default.aspx?p=259
- BPA Project #:
- Agency: Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Name: Jon Bowers
- Job Position: GIS Coordinator
- Telephone: 503-947-6097
- E-Mail Address: Jon.K.Bowers@state.or.us
- Abstract: This dataset provides a representation of the watercourses within the Oregon portion of the Columbia basin as well as coastal and Great Basin watersheds. A selected subset of streams were originally derived from the Framework hydrography dataset and include all records originally present within the 1:100,000 scale PNW Hydrography dataset, named 1:24,000 scale streams and unnamed 1:24,000 scale streams where ODFW managed aquatic resource information exist. The data were migrated to events on NHD between 2012 and 2014. Additional features were added in 2017 and all events were synchronized to April 2017 NHD.
- Purpose: The primary purpose of this dataset is to map the location of complete streams and rivers and to maintain a unique ID associated with "whole streams". It serves as a template for storing aquatic resource information as linear referenced events and publishing to a human readable format. This dataset is maintained as events on the National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) and is derived from April 2017 NHD geometry.
- Time Period of Content: 1996 - 2017
- Geographic Extent: Oregon
- Status: Final
- Use Constraints: None. Care was taken in the creation of these themes, but they are provided "as is". There are no warranties, expressed or implied, including the warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, accompanying any of these products.
- Format: ArcGIS Geodatabase version 10.3
Data Quality Information
- Lineage-Source: This dataset originated from the 1:100,000 PNW River Reach files which were migrated to the Oregon Hydrography Framework dataset.
From there, all other named, 1:24,000 scale Framework streams were added as were other stream features where ODFW had either fish habitat
distribution or fish passage barrier information. In 2014, ODFW's mixed scale hydrography dataset was migrated to the NHD and is now
referred to as the "Whole Stream Routes" dataset.
- No data information was supplied.
Entity and Attribute Information
- Attributes Description: Field attribute information is available in the database table field descriptions.