MetaData for Chehalem Watershed Assessment
Chehalem Watershed Assessment
- Originator: Yamhill Basin Watershed Council
- Publish Date: June 2001
- Online Link: http://www.co.yamhill.or.us/ybc/Assessments/cheassmnt.pdf
- BPA Project #:
- Agency: Watershed Councils
- Name: Jamie Sheahan
- Job Position: Yamhill Basin Watershed Council Coordinator
- Telephone: (503) 434-7447
- E-Mail Address: email@example.com
- Abstract: The Chehalem watershed assessment is a publication of the Yamhill Basin Council (YBC) and is a reference tool for landowners, watershed residents, and council members. It contains factual and interpretive information about the condition of the watershed, both past and present. This document is a snapshot, of sorts, but it’s also tied to an ongoing process of community-based land use planning; the information contained will need to be updated as needs and objectives evolve. The assessment includes the topics of a Watershed Overview, Historical Conditions, Channel Habitat Types, Vegetation, Riparian and Wetland Conditions, Channel Modifications, Sediments, Hydrology and Water Use, Water Quality, Fish Habitats and Barriers, Restoration and Enhancement Projects, and a Watershed Conditions Summary.
- Purpose: The overriding purpose of the assessment is to evaluate local water in terms of quality of life issues for basin residents. More specifically, it looks at how natural and human processes are influencing the watershed’s ability to produce clean water and suitable habitat. It may serve as a baseline for designing restoration projects and will aid the Council and community members in developing monitoring plans for the Chehalem watershed.
- Time Period of Content:
- Geographic Extent: The Chehalem watershed which is part of the Willamette River basin in the northwestern Willamette Valley. The 43,400-acre watershed is on the eastern side of the Coast Range
- Status: Complete
- Use Constraints:
- Format: PDF file
Data Quality Information
- No data information was supplied.
Entity and Attribute Information
- Attributes Description:
Is a physical copy maintained for reference at Headquarters?
||File Type Category
||3/2/2005 8:59:13 AM