MetaData for Lower Yamhill Watershed Assessment
Lower Yamhill Watershed Assessment
- Originator: Yamhill Basin Watershed Council
- Publish Date: February 2001
- Online Link: http://www.co.yamhill.or.us/ybc/Assessments/LYAssmnt.pdf
- BPA Project #:
- Agency: Watershed Councils
- Name: Jamie Sheahan
- Job Position: Yamhill Basin Watershed Council Coordinator
- Telephone: (503) 434-7447
- E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstract: The Lower Yamhill River watershed assessment is a publication of the Yamhill Basin Council (YBC) and is a reference tool for landowners, watershed residents, and council members. It contains factual and interpretive information about the condition of the watershed, both past and present. This document is a snapshot, of sorts, but it’s also tied to an ongoing process of community-based land use planning; the information contained will need to be updated as our needs and objectives evolve. The assessment includes the topics of a Watershed Overview, Historical Conditions, Channel Habitat Types, Vegetation, Riparian and Wetland Conditions, Channel Modifications, Sediments, Hydrology and Water Use, Water Quality, Fish Habitat and barriers, Restoration and Enhancement Projects, and a Watershed Conditions Summary.
- Purpose: The overriding purpose of the assessment is to evaluate how natural and human processes are influencing the watershed’s ability to produce clean water and suitable habitat for aquatic life, both of which are quality of life issues for basin residents. It will serve as a baseline for developing and prioritizing restoration activities and will aid the Council and community members in developing monitoring plans for the Lower Yamhill watershed.
- Time Period of Content:
- Geographic Extent: The Lower Yamhill watershed is part of the Yamhill River Basin in the northwestern Willamette Valley. The 63,747-acre watershed is on the eastern side of the Coastal Mountain range.
- Status: Complete
- Use Constraints:
- Format: PDF file
Data Quality Information
- No data information was supplied.
Entity and Attribute Information
- Attributes Description:
Is a physical copy maintained for reference at Headquarters?
||File Type Category
||3/2/2005 9:17:25 AM