MetaData for ODFW Access and Habitat Areas and Projects in Oregon (2022)
ODFW Access and Habitat Areas and Projects in Oregon (2022)
- Originator: Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Publish Date: 6/24/2022
- Online Link: https://www.dfw.state.or.us/maps/index.asp#Access
- BPA Project #:
- Agency: Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Name: Chris Cowin
- Job Position: Wildlife GIS Analyst
- Telephone: 503 947-6098
- E-Mail Address: Chris.D.Cowin@odfw.oregon.gov
- Abstract: To show access areas supported by, or associated with, the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) Access and Habitat Program. For more details see:
- Purpose: Property boundaries for private lands under contract with the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife Access and Habitat Program (Type = AH Project) or other access areas being promoted - Open Fields - Columbia Basin, Open Fields - Willamette Valley, Hancock Forest Management Lands.
In 1993, the Oregon Legislature created the Access and Habitat Program. The new law created an incentive-based program to improve public hunting access and wildlife habitat on private lands in Oregon.
Private lands accounts for just over half of Oregon’s land base and include farms, range lands, wetlands, forests and stream corridors. To improve landowner-hunter relations and engage landowners in the conservation of fish and wildlife, the Oregon Legislature created the Access & Habitat (A&H) Program in 1993. The law established a funding mechanism to provide grants to private landowners, timber and agriculture corporations, sportsmen groups, natural resource agencies, and others for projects designed to increase public hunting access to private lands and/or improve wildlife habitat.
Additional information and maps are available from the online Oregon Hunting Map at:
Current maps are available in Geospatial PDF format at:
ArcGIS Online Feature Service is available here:
- Time Period of Content: 2022
- Geographic Extent: Oregon Statewide
- Status: Final
- Use Constraints: The data are updated annually (generally in July) or as needed so verify with the online ODFW Hunting Map - http://www.oregonhuntingmap.com
- Format: Shapefile
Data Quality Information
- Lineage-Source: ODFW GIS
- No data information was supplied.
Entity and Attribute Information
- Attributes Description: Field attribute information is available in the database table field descriptions.
Is a physical copy maintained for reference at Headquarters?