MetaData for ODFW Travel Management Areas, Regulated Hunts, and Winter Range Closures (2022)
ODFW Travel Management Areas, Regulated Hunts, and Winter Range Closures (2022)
- Originator: Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Publish Date: 6/9/2022
- Online Link: https://www.dfw.state.or.us/maps/index.asp#Travel
- BPA Project #:
- Agency: Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Name: Chris Cowin
- Job Position: Wildlife GIS Analyst
- Telephone: 503 947-6098
- E-Mail Address: Chris.D.Cowin@odfw.oregon.gov
- Abstract: Boundaries for Travel Management Areas, Regulated Hunts, and Winter Range Closures
- Purpose: These areas are specified in the 2020 Big Game Regulations. Please see the regulations for details about travel restrictions, closures, and weapons restrictions.
See the regulations for descriptions of how roads are marked and what the regulations entail. From the regulations - "No person shall shoot from or across a public Rd or railroad right-of-way, except that persons legally hunting on closed Rds within Cooperative Travel Management Areas (TMAs) are not violating current prohibitions on shooting from or across a public Rd. The same is true for other Rds closed to use of motor vehicles by the public. There are additional travel management programs being implemented by other public agencies and private landowners. ODFW has no information for Rd closures not listed on these pages. Hunters need to contact the land management agency or landowner to determine the extent of such closures before going hunting."
- Time Period of Content: 2022
- Geographic Extent: Oregon Statewide
- Status: Final
- Use Constraints: The data are updated annually or as needed so verify with the online ODFW Maps - https://www.dfw.state.or.us/maps/index.asp and the ODFW Hunting Map - http://www.oregonhuntingmap.com
- Format: Shapefile
Data Quality Information
- No data information was supplied.
Entity and Attribute Information
- Attributes Description: Field attribute information is available in the database table field descriptions.
Is a physical copy maintained for reference at Headquarters?