MetaData for RBFAT Database of Fish Passage Barriers
RBFAT Database of Fish Passage Barriers
- Originator: The Rogue Basin Fish Access Team
- Publish Date: July 2004
- Online Link: http://www.restoretherogue.org/docs/rbfat_barrier_prioritization92703.xls
- BPA Project #:
- Agency: Watershed Councils
- Name: Steve Mason
- Job Position: Rogue Basin Fish Access Team Program Manager
- Telephone: (541) 951-0854
- E-Mail Address: WSC@jeffnet.org
- Abstract: The Rogue Basin Fish Access Team (RBFAT) is a sub-committee of the Rogue Basin Coordinating Council formed to address the first of the Council's seven priorities: Fish Passage. The initial phase of the RBFAT program was funded through River Network Watershed Assistance Grants Program. The RBFAT is made up of ten members representing watershed councils, state and federal agencies. Representatives are: Jerry Vogt, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife; Janelle McFarland, Oregon State Police Fish and Wildlife Division; Bruce Sund, Oregon Water Resources Department; Mark Grenbemer, Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board; Debra Whitall, Rogue River National Forest; Jane LeFors, Bureau of Land Management; Patrick McGowan, Bureau of Reclamation; Dana Hicks, Lower Rogue Watershed Council; and Frank Bird, National Marine Fisheries Service. The Excel file consists of a database of fish passage barriers in the Rogue Basin pertaining to anadromous fish only.
- Purpose: The mission of RBFAT is to improve fish passage throughout the Rogue Basin. The first step in fulfilling this mission was the generation of a biologically prioritized list of the over 800 fish passage barriers in the Rogue Basin. The second step was the development of a Strategic Plan for addressing these barriers. Rogue Basin Coordinating Council is now working on the third step of establishing a Basin Fund for the removal or modification of the barriers.
- Time Period of Content:
- Geographic Extent: Rogue Basin
- Status: Draft
- Use Constraints: Data is for anadromous fish only, resident fish were not considered.
- Format: MS Excel file
Data Quality Information
- No data information was supplied.
Entity and Attribute Information
- Attributes Description:
Is a physical copy maintained for reference at Headquarters?