MetaData for Oregon Coast Coho ESU Landuse/Landcover within 200 feet of streams
Oregon Coast Coho ESU Landuse/Landcover within 200 feet of streams
- Originator: Liz Dent and Andy Herstrom
- Publish Date: June 2004
- Online Link: None
- BPA Project #:
- Agency: Oregon Department of Forestry
- Name: Liz Dent
- Job Position: Aquatic Specialist
- Telephone: (541) 929-9168
- E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstract: : Four excel files provide data, summaries, and graphics of a combined land-use/land-cover classification for land within 200 feet of streams. The data are summarized at the monitoring and population units; for all streams, coho streams, and streams with high intrinsic potential for coho. Data dictionaries are provided in each excel file describing the parameters, original data, and individual sheets.
- Purpose: The purpose of this analysis was to evaluate the relative proportions of riparian areas in various land uses, and where the associated regulatory and volunteer programs are applied on the landscape.
- Time Period of Content: Original data ranges from 1983 - 2004
- Geographic Extent: ESU, Monitoring Unit, and Population Units
- Status: Complete
- Use Constraints: (1) Assumptions used to lump cover, ownership, and zoning (2) limitations of remote data to accurately represent riparian areas, (3) cover data are 12 years old
- Format: EXCEL spreadsheets; Original data: ARC/INFO coverages
Data Quality Information
- Lineage-Source: Ownership: State GIS Service Center
Zoning: State GIS Service Center (originally DLCD)
Landcover: USGS National Land Cover Data
Stream and Stream Classification: Coastal Landscape and analysis Study (CLAMS)
Coho Barriers: ODF&W Barrier Data set.
The ownership, zoning, and landcover data were combined to create a single land-use/land-cover data attribute. This was combined with the CLAMS stream layer and ODF&W Barrier data to determine use and cover within 200 feet of the stream. These were summarized into 7 classifications for each population unit and monitoring unit by stream classification.
- No data information was supplied.
Entity and Attribute Information
- Attributes Description: Field attribute information is available in the database table field descriptions.
Is a physical copy maintained for reference at Headquarters?