MetaData for ODFW Conservation Opportunity Areas
ODFW Conservation Opportunity Areas
- Originator: Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Publish Date: 09/2016
- Online Link: https://nrimp.dfw.state.or.us/DataClearinghouse/default.aspx?p=202&XMLname=897.xml
- BPA Project #:
- Agency: Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Name: Arthur Rodriguez
- Job Position: Oregon Conservation Strategy GIS Analyst
- Telephone: 503-947-0126
- E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstract: ODFW Conservation Opportunity Areas (COAs) are a component of the Oregon Conservation Strategy, and highlight areas across the Oregon landscape where broad fish and wildlife conservation goals would best be met, and aim to increase the likelihood of long-term success, maximize effectiveness over larger landscapes, improve funding efficiency, and promote cooperative efforts across ownership boundaries. COAs were developed to guide voluntary conservation actions in Oregon. Land use or other activities within these areas will not be subject to any new regulations as a result of being designated an ODFW COA. The ODFW COA map, dataset, and underlying profile information should only be used in ways consistent with these intentions.
The Geodatabase version of the ODFW COAs includes the latest exported COA Profile, generated from OregonConservationStrategy.org (http://oregonconservationstrategy.org/conservation-opportunity-areas/), and a relationship class joining the COA boudnary feature class to the COA profile table.
- Purpose: To show areas in which conservation actions would best meet the needs of Strategy species and habitats. These areas are generally either areas of high biodiversity, areas with unique habitat values, or areas with known restoration needs.
- Time Period of Content: current
- Geographic Extent: statewide
- Status: Final
- Use Constraints: Please refer to the Oregon Conservation Strategy (http://oregonconservationstrategy.org/conservation-opportunity-areas/) for methodology, intended usage, and datasets used in the formation of COAs.
- Format: Compressed (zip) ArcGIS Shapefile or Geodatabase
Data Quality Information
- No data information was supplied.
Entity and Attribute Information
- Attributes Description: Field attribute information is available in the database table field descriptions.