MetaData for Grass Valley Canyon Watershed Assessment
Grass Valley Canyon Watershed Assessment
- Originator: Sherman County Soil and Water Conservation District
- Publish Date: August 2006
- Online Link: None
- Agency: Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board
- Name: Ashley Seim
- Job Position: Web Specialist
- Telephone: 503-986-0186
- E-Mail Address: email@example.com
- Abstract: There are two main purposes for this assessment. The first is to analyze significant factors affecting the health and function of Grass Valley Canyon Watershed. We are seeking to identify current and historic land use, inventory resource availability, watershed condition, and provide an overall picture of how this watershed is currently utilized. This means bringing together as many aspects of the watershed to create an image of how these forces interact to affect the watershed function and health. Land used for agriculture, grazing, residential areas, roads, in combination with soil types, topography, wildlife and weather are all factors influencing a watershed.
The second objective of this document is to identify the specific cumulative impacts of land use patterns in the watershed, from which subsequent restoration priorities will be determined. Upon completion of this assessment we will be able to identify aspects that require additional information. Programs can be implemented to collect water quality data, form benchmarks for rangeland health or identify agricultural management practices and their affects on watershed function. Areas can be identified that will benefit from additional restoration or conservation activities. Lastly this assessment can be used for outreach to residents of the watershed who may be interested in restoring and enhancing their land.
- Time Period of Content:
- Geographic Extent: Grass Valley Canyon Watershed, Sherman County Oregon, John Day Basin
- Status: Final
- Use Constraints:
- Format: PDF
Data Quality Information
Entity and Attribute Information
- Attributes Description: Field attribute information is available in the database table field decsriptions.