MetaData for Lower South Yamhill-Deer Creek Watershed Assessment
Lower South Yamhill-Deer Creek Watershed Assessment
- Originator: Yamhill Basin Watershed Council
- Publish Date: September 20, 2000
- Online Link: http://www.co.yamhill.or.us/ybc/Assessments/LSYAssmnt.pdf
- Agency: Watershed Councils
- Name: Jamie Sheahan
- Job Position: Yamhill Basin Watershed Council Coordinator
- Telephone: (503) 434-7447
- E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstract: The Lower S. Yamhill-Deer Creek watershed assessment was prepared for the Yamhill Basin Council (YBC), watershed residents, and landowners. It contains technical and educational information about the past and current watershed conditions. The assessment includes the topics of a Watershed Overview, Historical Conditions, Channel Habitat Types, Vegetation, Riparian and Wetland Conditions, Channel Modifications, Sediments, Hydrology and Water Use, Water Quality, Fish Species: Habitat, History and Barriers, Restoration and Enhancement Projects, and a Watershed Conditions Summary.
- Purpose: The primary purpose of the assessment is to evaluate how natural and human processes influence the watershed’s ability to produce clean water and suitable habitat for aquatic life. It will serve as a baseline for developing and prioritizing restoration activities. The information collected in this assessment is intended to aid the YBC and the community in developing restoration projects and monitoring plans for the watershed. Monitoring can assist us in adjusting our approach and priorities. This is considered a living document and is to be amended, added to, or changed over time and as it is used.
- Time Period of Content:
- Geographic Extent: The watershed is part of the Yamhill River Basin in the northwestern Willamette Valley. The 76,230-acre watershed is on the eastern side of the Coastal Mountain range.
- Status: Complete
- Use Constraints:
- Format: PDF file
Data Quality Information
Entity and Attribute Information
- Attributes Description: