MetaData for Middle Cow Creek Watershed Assessment and Action Plan
Middle Cow Creek Watershed Assessment and Action Plan
- Originator: Umpqua Basin Watershed Council
- Publish Date: April 2002
- Online Link: http://www.ubwc.org/PDF_Files/WAAP1_MCC.pdf
- Agency: Watershed Councils
- Name: Bob Kinyon
- Job Position: Executive Director
- Telephone: (541) 673-5756
- E-Mail Address: email@example.com
- Abstract: The watershed assessment includes: the purpose and process of the watershed assessment and action plan, a watershed description, timeline of selected events and vegetation observations, historical vegetation, resident interviews: historical information, historical fish and fish habitat observations, and past enhancement activities. The assessment contains current conditions of stream function, riparian zone function, water quality, water quantity, and fish. The future conditions section includes a summary, population centers, industry, and public lands. The action plan contains a summary of action recommendations, enhancement activities, and outreach programs.
- Purpose: The purpose of this Watershed Assessment is to:
1. Understand the current status of water quality and stream conditions for fish habitat
2. Understand the processes that affect these conditions
3. Discover restoration opportunities in regards to water quality and fish habitat
The purpose of an Action Plan is to:
1. Provide a reference list of activities and locations thereof that improve the water quality and fish habitat in the watershed.
2. Recommend future data collection needs.
3. Determine opportunities for objective-based landowner training and education programs.
4. Identify resources to support voluntary or grant-funded actions.
- Time Period of Content: The 1800s to current
- Geographic Extent: The Middle Cow Creek Watershed is 113,023 acres and is located in the southern part of Douglas County
- Status: Complete
- Use Constraints:
- Format: PDF file
Data Quality Information
Entity and Attribute Information
- Attributes Description: