MetaData for Fifteenmile Watershed Assessment
Fifteenmile Watershed Assessment
- Originator: Fifteenmile Watershed Council and Wasco County Soil and Water Conservation District
- Publish Date: March 7, 2003
- Online Link: http://www.wasco.oacd.org/15mile%20Watershed%20Assessment.pdf
- Agency: Watershed Councils
- Name: Jennifer Clark
- Job Position: Wasco County Area Watershed Councils Coordinator
- Telephone: (541) 296-6178 Ext. 119
- E-Mail Address: email@example.com
- Abstract: This document provides an assessment of critical watershed health parameters for the Fifteenmile Creek Watershed located in Northern Wasco County, Oregon. Fifteenmile Creek enters the Columbia
River just downstream from The Dalles Dam and just upstream of the City of The Dalles, Oregon. The assessment looks not only at the health of perennial streams, but also at the health of major seasonal reaches and upland areas, focusing on water quality and quantity issues, with their effects on aquatic habitat. Upland vegetation is addressed,
although wildlife populations are not.
The Fifteenmile Watershed Assessment is a living document that can be updated and/or revised at the discretion of the Fifteenmile Watershed Council as new data emerges.
The assessment contains sections on: a watershed description, watershed conditions at the time of settlement, stream flow, runoff and erosion, surface water use, channel types, riparian and wetlands condition, fish habitat, upland habitat, and evaluation.
- Purpose: The assessment was coordinated by Wasco County Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) at the request of the Fifteenmile Watershed Council. The watershed assessment will be used to set priorities for watershed restoration projects within the Fifteenmile Watershed.
- Time Period of Content:
- Geographic Extent: The Fifteenmile Creek Watershed is located on the east slope and in the eastern foothills of the Cascade Range.
- Status: Complete
- Use Constraints:
- Format: PDF file
Data Quality Information
Entity and Attribute Information
- Attributes Description: