MetaData for Mosier Watershed Assessment
Mosier Watershed Assessment
- Originator: Mosier Watershed Council and Wasco County Soil and Water Conservation District
- Publish Date: March 14, 2002
- Online Link: http://www.wasco.oacd.org/MosierWatershedAssessment.pdf
- Agency: Watershed Councils
- Name: Jennifer Clark
- Job Position: Wasco County Area Watershed Councils Coordinator
- Telephone: (541) 296-6178 Ext. 119
- E-Mail Address: email@example.com
- Abstract: This document provides an assessment of critical watershed health parameters for the Mosier, Rock and Rowena Creek Watersheds. All of these are located in Northwestern Wasco County, Oregon. Mosier and Rock Creeks both have some headwaters in Hood River County. All three enter the Columbia River in or near the City of Mosier, Oregon. The assessment was coordinated by Wasco County Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) at the request of the Mosier Watershed Council. The assessment looks not only at the health of perennial streams, but also at the health of major seasonal reaches and upland areas, focusing on water quality and quantity issues, with their effects on aquatic habitat. Upland habitat is also addressed, but wildlife populations are not.
The assessment contains sections on: description of the watershed, watershed conditions at the time of settlement, climate, history, channel habitat type classification, hydrology and water use, riparian and wetlands condition, sediment sources, channel modification, water quality, fish and fish habitat, upland habitat, and evaluation.
- Purpose: The watershed assessment will be used to set priorities for watershed restoration projects in the Mosier area.
- Time Period of Content:
- Geographic Extent: The Mosier Creek Watershed is located on the east slope and in the eastern foothills of the Cascade Range.
- Status: Complete
- Use Constraints:
- Format: PDF file
Data Quality Information
Entity and Attribute Information
- Attributes Description: