MetaData for Calapooia River Watershed Assessment
Calapooia River Watershed Assessment
- Originator: Calapooia Watershed Council, Biosystems, Water Work Consulting, Alsea Geospatial
- Publish Date: February 24, 2004
- Online Link: None
- Agency: Watershed Councils
- Name: Denise Hoffert-Hay
- Job Position: Calapooia Watershed Council Coordinator
- Telephone: (541) 619-5896
- E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstract: The Calapooia River Watershed Assessment characterizes past and current watershed conditions and evaluates opportunities for improvements in the watershed, particularly for fish habitat and water quality. The assessment will aid the Calapooia Watershed Council (Council) in identifying opportunities and priorities across all land uses for voluntary watershed restoration projects and education. The assessment includes information on historical conditions, social, economic, and land use conditions, vegetation, wetlands, stream flow and water use, fish population and aquatic habitat, water quality, key wildlife habitats and populations, and recommendations for Restoration and Protection.
- Purpose: The purpose of this assessment is to better understand the natural process, management practices, and land use issues that influence fish habitat and water quality throughout the watershed. The assessment's approach follows the general framework described in the Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board's Watershed Assessment Manual (Watershed Professionals Network 1999). In addition to the emphasis on aquatic and riparian issues, the assessment summarizes information on wildlife populations and habitat and outlines social, economic and land use conditions.
- Time Period of Content:
- Geographic Extent: Calapooia River Watershed
- Status: Complete
- Use Constraints:
- Format: WinZip of PDF files
Data Quality Information
Entity and Attribute Information
- Attributes Description: Field attribute information is available in the database table field decsriptions.