MetaData for ODFW Wildlife Management Units
ODFW Wildlife Management Units
- Originator: Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Publish Date: 07/2016
- Online Link: http://nrimp.dfw.state.or.us/DataClearinghouse/default.aspx?p=202&XMLname=805.xml
- BPA Project #:
- Agency: Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Name: Jeff Kern
- Job Position: Wildlife GIS Analyst
- Telephone: 503-947-6098
- E-Mail Address: Jeff.S.Kern@state.or.us
- Abstract: For the purpose of managing Oregon's wildlife, the State has been divided into separate described areas called wildlife units or wildlife management units (WMUs). The digital version of the WMUs was published in 2010 and revised in 2016. The 2016 version extended the northern boundary of several units along the lower Columbia River north to the state boundary rather than the southern shoreline of the Columbia River.
- Purpose: For the purpose of wildlife management.
These areas are called wildlife units. Whenever reference is made to a wildlife unit by name or designated number in any rule of the department, the area description provided in Division 080 shall apply, unless otherwise specified by the given rule. Areas described within a Wildlife Unit as a subunit are also described by a number which includes the Wildlife Unit number as its last two digits. Stat. Auth.: ORS 496.012, ORS 496.138, ORS 496.146 & ORS 496.162 Stats. Implemented: ORS 496.012, ORS 496.138, ORS 496.146 & ORS 496.162 Hist.: DFW 47-1999, f. & cert. ef. 6-16-99
- Time Period of Content: Present
- Geographic Extent: Statewide
- Status: Final
- Use Constraints:
- Format: GIS shapefile and KML
Data Quality Information
- Lineage-Source: Lines digitized per the legal descriptions in the Oregon Big Game Handbook; data scale is approximately 1:24000. Refinements were made in 2016.
- No data information was supplied.
Entity and Attribute Information
- Attributes Description: Field attribute information is available in the database table field descriptions.
Is a physical copy maintained for reference at Headquarters?